Monday 19 May 2014

More pictures and (yes!) even one story.... :D

It is just so easy to simply upload pictures of Italy.  Its beauty is astonishing and should cause awe by itself.  However, I did promise a few stories so here is one.  Not the most dramatic story (yet) but a travel memory.

I believe I had posted an earlier statement re: how engaging and - yes flirty - Italian men are.  I think they are born that way.  And don't get me wrong - I am not complaining, quite the contrary.  Here's one example where a very nice (and good looking) Italian man did not have to make me feel good about myself, middle aged woman that I am, but did...

It was on the day of the first day of when I met my group.  That day was rainy.  I had already visited the Correr museum on my museum pass but there was also an exhibition of the work of "Leger' on as well.  At the time I had decided to postpone going to the Leger in order to save it as a treat for myself should the weather turn.  (There was always that threat in the forecast so I was balancing my time between in door and out of door wandering through the magical lanes of Venice.)

However, the perfect time to see it occurred.  

There was quite a crush first thing in the morning and I was patiently waiting in line.  There was some (unknown) fuss going on with the family group ahead of me in the line and now at the counter.  However, in due course it was my time.

I went to the nice (did I already mention good looking?) Italian man.  I requested a ticket just for the Leger since I had already visited the museum. 

He smiled and said, "You had a museum pass?  May I see it?"

I was able to comply with this request.  He said, "Then madam I am able to offer you a SUPER SONIC discount on your ticket!"  Only 4 Euros!

I thanked him, smiled and turned away.  He beckoned me back with a crook of his finger.  "Madam", he said.

I turned back in haste.   What had I done?  He said, "Signora, always remain so happy!"  Then he smiled and winked and (yes!) made my day!

Bless you flirty Italian men!

Now more pictures of Italy - this time magical Burano and Torcello, new to me.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)