Thursday 15 May 2014

Borghese Gallery and gardens....

Soon I will begin to compose and relate 'stories' of my trip.  But that takes a bit of time and more thought than I'm able to devote to it at the moment (spring yard clean up and garden preparation beckons).  In the meantime, just a few pictures of 'what I did' as opposed to stories of 'what happened'....

Borghese Gallery - I stayed my one extra day in Rome solely to see this gallery.  Incredible works of sculpture by Bernini were the highlights.  Two years ago when I last visited I naively thought Peni and I could get tickets 5 or so days in advance for entrance.  No go - all booked up.  So this time I was prepared with having purchased my ticket - day and time (limited to 2 hours in gallery) - months in advance.  The answer to whether it was worth is is a decided, unconditional YES!  No pictures to share since none allowed in the gallery, but I challenge people to look it up and see the wonderous works of art housed there.

In addition, this season was a beautiful time to visit the Borghese grounds.  Here I can share pictures.... (Remember to click on pictures for full screen viewing pleasure!)










 

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your first lemon tree shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It is one of my favourites from the trip. For me it captures the essence of Italy. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)