Wednesday 25 April 2018

Wednesday's catch up post

A few pictures from Blanca's village and surroundings.

It was Blanca's birthday on Monday and she decided to throw herself a party.  Why not?

She bought all the food but her women relatives did all the cooking.  Not sure who killed and dressed the chickens (is that the right word for plucking and cleaning a dead bird?)

I didn't think she should have to buy her own birthday cake so that was my present to her.


Spot the guavas, an odd fruit. You crack it open and inside is a row of them, much like how peas are when you open the pod.  It's this very mild tasting, slimy pulp around a big black, shiny seed.




A view from one of the village roads.  While walking along the ditch I got bitten by something (some insect I think) on my big toe.  It hurt! 



I've not been lucky with feet and bites... in the Vulcan area I just went out to get something from the car and teeny tiny ants swarmed my feet biting me.  Man did they hurt when they bit and then mildly stung for a bit.

Here's a picture of a glorious tree in bloom.  It only lasts for 3 days then they fall off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)