Saturday 28 April 2018

Saturday catch up post

In the backyard of one of Blanca's village cousins there was a coconut tree with fallen coconuts underneath.

Blanca's cousin had her drink the small amount of milk and then chopped it in half for us to eat.

This brought back memories of my childhood when my father, as an exotic treat, brought home a coconut.

This thick, hardened coconut was exactly the type we would have then.

I don't think I've eaten a coconut this way since I was 9 or 10.

Memories, sometimes bittersweet.


Tomorrow hopefully we will be safely back in Panama City.  We had hoped Alvi, Blanca's brother could meet us on the outskirts ofthe city and navigate through its chaos for us but Blanca hasn't been able to reach him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)