Wednesday 25 April 2018

Misadventure #4...

Today at the hotel the power went out at 10 am and wasn't restored until just now, over 5 hours.  Evidently men trimming trees cut the line and the whole region was down.

This was actually quite disconcerting, not to say upsetting.  I was quite anxious about tonight had it not been fixed.... alone in a place where I know nobody, in a country where I don't speak the language with the possibility of no air conditioning and no lights.  I felt very vulnerable.

It would have been a nice day had I not had the underlying anxiety and I did do what I had intended... sit on the veranda writing up some of my travel memories in preparation for creating my album and webpage upon my return, read my novel and watch the odd hummingbird flit by or see a pelican land in the ocean.

I had also been intending to catch up on some email and posts but with no electricity there was no WiFi, adding to my sense of vulnerability.

Oh well, it's back now.






My catch of the day (meaning the fish, not the fellow).

If you muttered "as if", you would be correct.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)