Friday 30 January 2015

Oops in Torremolinos, but more pictures of Mijas

Torremolinos, Costa del Sol, Spain

Travel memory: This memory comes with a small grimace, a bit of a shudder and a rueful giggle...

Please cast your mind back to the posting I made of how I had a wee bit of trouble figuring out how to get to, and then later how to get home from, the whitewashed, cliff side village of Mijas. Although those adventures ended happily my trials were not yet over for the day. In fact, one more 'mishap' was in store for me before my head hit the pillow.

What could have happened, you inquire anxiously? 

Well, picture now one of my fellow tour members Ellen and I arriving back to the hotel after having had to walk a slightly greater distance than should have been necessary had I been paying better attention. We were not footsore (we didn't have to walk that far!) but we were tired. We spied other group travellers – Ruth and Jim enjoying a drink and a bite to eat in the hotel's cafe. 
 
Just the ticket after our busy, eventful day! 
 
I asked if we could join them and they graciously agreed.

Yes? So? Where's the problem? What happened?

Well, I ordered a lovely glass of white wine, perfect for the end of the evening, the end of, actually, a thoroughly lovely day in glorious Mijas. I got my glass, took a sip and then reached over and popped a couple of small nuts, nibbles on the table into my mouth.

OR, to be strictly accurate, what I thought were small nuts, nibbles on the table. 

To my horror (not quite instant enough for my liking) they were, in fact, the chewed pits of olives, originally gnawed on my Ruth and Jim.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, feel free to shake your head. What was that woman thinking of?

I spit them out and my companions, silently stunned for a second, burst into laughter.

The icing on the proverbial cake, however, was that across the room the waiter had witnessed me popping these already chewed pits into my mouth. He hastily filled a cup with fresh, whole olives – olives NOT already chewed or sucked on by others – and scurried over and presented them directly to me in an elegant and grand gesture.

(Oh dear.  This could only happen to me.)

What can I say? 

I did the only thing possible. 

I took one of the offered olives.

I felt I had to.

Hope you giggled. Enjoy now a few more pictures of Mijas. Do click on them.
















2 comments:

  1. Okay, that is just gross. :)
    From, Your Sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine my horror at the time. :)
      Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
      Made for laugh, though, and I certainly don't keep these 'mishaps' of mine secret! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

      Delete

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)