Saturday 3 January 2015

Feliz año nuevo - 2015!

I must apologize for my recent silence, although I suppose those who regularly follow my travel blog are used to it.  Alas, I have been 'down for the count', suffering and only just recovering from a particularly virulent cold.  Without actually knowing anything about it - i.e. I know nothing about incubation periods following exposure to germs, etc. - but I am going to blame the lady and her very sick little boy who sat next to me on my flight from Lisbon to Munich.

Picture this:  a small boy probably 3 or 4 years old with a very congested chest (you could hear it in his laboured breathing) laying across the lap of his mother who was sitting next to me.  He was one sick little puppy, sneezing ceaselessly (no kidding) and without any barriers into our shared air.  Now picture one week and one day later developing a very sore throat and sinus cavities, followed rapidly with all the rest of a full blown cold:  runny nose, chills then fever, and utter fatigue.

It really did take it out of me over the holiday season, but looking on the positive side of things I suppose there could have been worse times for it.  Yes, I did not get to have that uninterrupted, highly productive time at work alone but then again my absence would not have interrupted more important external bookings etc.  Yes, I did not get to use my home time leisurely going through my pictures and adding to my blog but on the other hand I had many days to simply lay in bed and get better when I had no other demands on me.

So friends and family - Feliz año nuevo - 2015!

Wishing you all prosperity, good health, good friends, and countless good times - for 2015 and beyond!

Here's to new experiences and new friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)