Monday 19 January 2015

Completely frivolous post!

Cultural Discovery...

Throughout the tour Antonio was always introducing the group to some cultural “discoveries”, most often edible. 

Here I am with “Churros with Chocolate Dipping Sauce”.  

TOO yummy!

Travel memory:
Didn't like my choice of a Madrid cod tapas during another discovery.  Oh well, plenty of other kinds of tapas around!

LOVED (when I hadn't expected to, I don't usually like liqueurs) the mixture of Anisette with brandy– called “Sol y Sombra” (for sun and shade – dark brandy (sombra) and the clear anise (sol)  hence Sol y Sombra)  I asked for a wee bit more saying, “Sombra Sol” but Antonio corrected me – he said it was always Sol y first.

Pit stop – Man of La Mancha territory!
Posed with a statue of Don Quixote, bought a bit of olive oil and some red “Man of La Mancha” wine – both produced from the vines and olive trees in the immediate surroundings. Even saw the legendary Man of La Mancha windmills in the area.
When I drink the wine I will think of Spain. (Gave the olive oil away as gifts... still have some olive oil from Italy I got in May for my use.)

Travel memory: 
Antonio said he was once asked by a woman whether the olive oil she had purchased 3 years before was still good to cook with. 

 Antonio said he told her that if she still had olive oil purchased three years previously then she “didn't cook with olive oil”

Antonio said he and other Spaniards buy olive oil by the gallon. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)