Friday 26 December 2014

More Madrid

Prado Art Gallery
El Prado is one of the biggest art galleries in the world and holds some of the world's most important masterpieces.

Museo Thyssen-Bormemisza
The Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum offers visitors an overview of art from the 13th century to the late 20th century.

Travel memories:
  • I remember scurrying from one room to the next to see as many of the ‘highlights’ the two art galleries have to offer given the limited time, particularly in the latter. Nevertheless, it was worth it. (Decidedly!)

  • I remember the unexpected ‘extra’ offered by the tour company and Antonio in arranging for a drop off/pick up at El Prado to allow for this visit to occur without the stress of having to get there and back.

  • I also remember the streets of Madrid. Love the tiled street signs. Love its architecture. Check out some of its window treatments. Fun.
What to say? This visit gave me just a very small taste of what these galleries and this city has to offer and it whetted my appetite for more. I guess I shall just have to return to Madrid.

:)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)