Tuesday 23 December 2014

Egypt in Spain - Temple of Debod, Madrid

Egypt in Spain:  Temple of Debod - Rosales Park, Madrid

In 1968 Egypt donated the Temple of Debod to Spain as a sign of gratitude for the help it provided in saving Egypt’s Abu Simbel Temple from flooding by the Dam of Awan.

Travel memories:

I shall always remember the incredible beauty of the Temple set among its reflecting pools. 

I shall also always remember how my awe was (obviously) shared by a woman doing yoga along its edge, lotus position in exact central alignment with the monument. I have to say, however, the temple is a big tourist draw and if she was expecting a sense of tranquility she would have to manufacture it herself via her own meditations.  (And or get up and do her yoga earlier.)

This also explains why I couldn't get a 'full on, centrally symmetrical photo' of the temple.  I would have had to come up close behind her, reach over her head and place my camera inches from her face.  Despite what you may privately think, I'm really not that pushy in my pursuit of a good photo. 

Oh well. I hope you still find these photos beautiful regardless. (Click on the photo/s to bring them into full screen and greatest viewing pleasure.)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)