Thursday 13 March 2014

Goin' Solo with Rick Steves - Post booking

You would think that a person would be able to relax after making such an important decision such as deciding to a) travel solo to Italy and b) which tour you were going to embark upon.  No.  Not the case.  Or at least, not the case for me.   (I was going to say 'Or at least, not the case for moi' but figured I was getting a wee bit too coy for a blog.)



In fact, I was far from relaxed.  In fact, I was nervous as all get out.  No, let me be  accurate...  In fact, I was nervous as hell.

 

 I fluctuated between elation - going to Italy again! - and panic - going to Italy again all by myself.  (Can you hear my whimpering?)


 

 How have I conquered these fears?  Well, to be frank, I haven't entirely conquered them and I still fluctuate between terror and joyful anticipation.  What helps is the fact that I've paid for the trip in full and can't afford to back out.  Therefore I have to face the reality - happy or sad, fearful or intrepid, timid or brave - I was going to be on this trip regardless so better start to prepare myself for that eventuality.  Done deal. End of.

 

Goin' solo with Rick Steves.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)