Wednesday 13 May 2015

Scared the locals...




Today was hot, hot, hot!  Humidity is not a friend of my hair.  When I returned to my new hotel and finally saw myself I realize I would have been horrifying the Italians.  I horrified myself.  Happily no-one from my group saw me yet and I've had a chance to freshen up.

No doubt I'll look that bad again but first impressions and all that....

Today I revisited some old favorites:  The Piazza Navona, the Piazza del Popolo, the Chiesa del Santa Maria del Popolo (with 2 incredible Carrivaggio), and the Ponte San Angelo (Bridge of Angels).

Note that Piazza Navona had high military and machine gun presence today too.

BUT each day at least one new thing. Today the Ara Pacis.

Walked for hours which justified a 4 scoop gelato from Tre Scalini (thanks Nola for recommending this place, had gelato instead of the torfu???? I forget its name??? Because needed something tart and refreshing.)

Great day.


3 comments:

  1. Tart and refreshing doesn't sound as good as chocolate or hazelnut something! have chocolate for me next time! Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! You're not understanding! 4 scoops with chocolate hazelnut (chocolate with hazelnuts in it)... a spoonful of tart lemon, then chocolate. INCREDIBLE!

      I remembered the rich chocolate treat. Tartufo. To be honest it's been saved as part of my auto fill dictionary! On my last night of tour in Rome, big farewell dinner so no time to have it. Guess I'll just have to come back for another tour. :-) :-) :-)

      Delete
    2. Nola! Deleted your comment by mistake - I went to hit publish but so small I hit delete. Sorry! Will let you know if I can manage to get a tartufo before I leave Italy. :-) Have had the following gelato though: lemon, pineapple, chocolate hazelnut, kiwi, coconut, melon and strawberry. YUM!

      Delete

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)