Tuesday 12 May 2015

Early evening stroll

Went out for a wee walk.  First stop Santa Maria Maggiore.  A bit disconcerting to find 4 or 5 young military men in camouflage wielding machine guns.  Did they know something I didn't?

Went to the corner of the four fountains (NOT depicted here) and saw them newly cleaned.

Went to Piazza Barberini.

Went to Santa Maria della Vittoria but Bernini's masterpiece is under restoration.  Consoled myself with a LARGE 3 scoop gelato.  Experienced no guilt at all.  Can recommend pineapple, lemon, chocolate hazelnut with whipped cream on top.

Tommorow I move to join my group although the day is still mine to do with as I choose.

Don't forget to click on the pictures for greatest viewing pleasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)