Sunday 1 February 2015

Reservatauro Ronda

Bull breeding farm, en route to Ronda, Spain

Oh, what a lot of bull! (Too much bull in Spain for just one posting about it, don't you know.)

As a part of our tour we visited “Reservatauro Ronda” - a breeding farm for many different types of bulls, including “fighting bulls”, as well as Andalusian and other horses.

Very interesting.

Note the picture of me with the horse and (very cute) man. 
 
He is a real toreador! Yes! A real bullfighter!

I giggle. When I first posted this fact (thrilling for me) on FaceBook while I was in Spain saying “A real toreador!”, my sister posted a comment: “Yah, that's what they all say!”

Too funny! I still laugh. I meant to ask Antonio, but forgot, if this was a typical claim – aka 'pick up line' for young Spaniards wishing to impress the ladies? 
 
Note also the posters and miniature bullrings. The latter were cute, but I absolutely loved posters and graphic art associated with the bullfights. Just wonderful.

Also note the little lamb – evidently best, best friends with this horsey. Very attached to each other these two are. :)

Note also the pictures of the toreador when he was demonstrating some of the movements in the bullfight. 
 
Drama, beauty, grace.

Look at the expression on his face – intense. 
 
I've heard bullfighting described as “performance art” and I can truly believe it.

Also note that I don't think fellow group traveller Rich would have survived long in the bullring!
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)