Monday 2 February 2015

More memories of Cordoba

Pictures of old Cordoba, some modern fountains - just outside our hotel and Cordoba Guadalquivir River just as we were leaving this delightful place.

Travel memory:  After our last 'organized event' in Cordoba I elected to walk back - about a half hour walk -  to our hotel in order to spend a little bit more time in its old city centre.  Later one of our group, Maria said, "Oh Carolynn!  You are so brave!"

No worries.  I knew the street to walk up was a busy one and it was only late afternoon with twilight just beginning by the time I got back.

I do laugh, though.  As I walked back I passed many a group of young people who had spilled out onto the sidewalks from the cafes.  The air was fragrant with - hmmm, how to say this? - how about "herbs".  Those young people had either made a trip to Morocco or Amsterdam recently.  :)   :)   :)

I arrived back to the hotel in good time to attend one of Antonio's cultural discoveries - Sol y Sombra, as described already. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)