Tuesday 15 April 2014

NOT related to my Italian adventure...


Rather, it's all about my adventure with the car wash.  
(I really did have to deviate from my theme today.)

What adventure you ask?  Well....  I got stuck in the car wash ...... (wait for it).....AGAIN.

Honestly, this is getting past being a joke.  Here's the full story...

Last week I was asked by our facilities department if I could return the government car washed.  It's spring in Saskatchewan and it really could use a wash.  However, they must have thought I was crazy with my initial reaction - one of utter dismay.  You see, I have not had the best of luck with car washes and the very idea of them raises my blood pressure no slight amount.  However, it is work and a job duty so I must comply.

After my session today I trundled off to the car wash.  And, as you might have already surmised, it didn't go so good. 

Yes people I put my wheel on the moving tread path and put my car in neutral.  No movement.  I went forward and put the car in neutral.  Nothing happened.   I figured I may be merely impatient so decided to just sit there a while.  Surely soon I would begin to move.

Nope.

I continued to sit, taking deep breaths.  Would the ruddy car move?  NO!

I folded my hands in my lap giving it a bit more time. 

FINALLY the man in the car behind me got out of his car.  

Now I have to say he was probably the nicest man I've never met.  No indication of impatience from HIM.  No 'road rage'.  In fact, he went out of his way (while explaining to me what I had to do) to make me feel better. 

"It could happen to anybody."  
"I never like these contraptions myself."
"They are quite confusing I find."

Long story short:  Car washed but car wash trauma remains.

:) 
or 
:(

The jury is still out. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)