Sunday 31 August 2014

Borghese Gallery

I stayed in Rome one extra day just to see this gallery.

When I was there last in 2012 I naively thought Peni and I could get tickets to it 5 or so days in advance. No go - all booked up. SUCH a disappointment. So this trip I was well prepared with having purchased my ticket months in advance. The answer to whether it was worth it is, of course, a decided, unconditional, vehement YES!

These are only a small selection of the Bernini sculptures on display (as well as other incredible works of art housed there) and don't do justice to them (of course) but will give you a sense of just how exquisite they are. I couldn't take the pictures of the sculptures (taken from the web) since pictures weren't allowed.

Also are some more pictures of the Borghese Gardens and the Piazza del Popolo which I did take! (Other pictures of the gardens were posted earlier in May, I think. Worth a visit to that posting I think since that post contains one of my favourite pictures.)

Do, do, DO click on these to get them 'full screen' but best viewing!





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment but please always remain respectful. Thank you. The management. :)